My cousin recently got married. She held her bridal shower in a boutique restaurant right in the heart of downtown. It was twenty-two degrees on the day of her shower with steady snowfall. I was not happy about braving dangerous road conditions to attend the event but felt I had no choice. Finding parking was rather difficult and I ended up four blocks from the venue. I then needed to walk on icy sidewalks while wearing high heels and carrying a bulky present. By the time I arrived at the restaurant, I was wet and shivering. I was really looking forward to getting inside and warming up. I expected the management to have the thermostat set high and the heating system blasting. Instead, I discovered that they’d decided to light a fire in the hearth to create ambience. Someone neglected to open the flu and the venue filled with smoke. As soon as I stepped through the door, my eyes began watering and I couldn’t quit coughing. To air out the place, they had opened all of the windows and exterior doors. The freezing cold air was pouring right inside. Because of this, they weren’t running the heating system at all. Everyone needed to crowd up close to the fireplace to take advantage of the very minimal amount of heat provided by the fire. I kept my coat on for the entire bridal shower and drank hot chocolate, hoping to thaw out a bit. Although the food was excellent and the restaurant was beautifully decorated, the shower was over very quickly. Everyone was in a hurry to leave. I practically ran to my car. I didn’t care about the slippery sidewalks. I simply wanted to reach my car and start up the heater as fast as possible.